Last Updated on December 1, 2022 by Dee
Are you looking for the perfect poinsettia templates to add some paper flowers and festive flavor to your art?
Are you desperate to finally have a poinsettia template so you can create all your friends and family the perfect festive greeting cards this holiday season?
Well, good news! Your search is over! Today I am delighted to be able to provide you with 5 Poinsettia templates to give your artwork a holiday season boost!
What is special about Poinsettias?
Poinsettias are one of the most popular houseplants in the world. They are also known as Euphorbia pulcherrima or Christmas Star.
A native of Mexico, Poinsettia plants grow naturally on forest floors as a small tree or shrub and produce beautiful white, pink, red, or purple flowers with yellow centers (calyx).
Whether it’s painting, drawing, making ornaments, designing printables, or using poinsettia templates – there are so many ways to bring joy into your home without spending much money!
Use any of the 5 Poinsettia templates below to create anything from wall art, cards, paper crafts, and even kids crafts.
*This page may contain affiliate links to products I have used or recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.**
Why are printable paper poinsettia templates cool?
Paper poinsettias are great for Christmas crafts! They can be printed on any printer, cut out as desired, or transferred to watercolor paper for use as a painting’s base or flower craft!
I have included 3 different printable poinsettia templates saved in PDF format in A4 size – so they should be easy to print.
This means that you don’t have to mess with your printer settings. Quickly set the size you need!
If you want to print out a poinsettia template on a larger A3 sheet, then make sure to ‘set to size’ on your printer settings.
5 FREE Poinsettia Templates!
Poinsettia Template 1
Poinsettia Template 2
Poinsettia Template 3
Poinsettia Template 4
Poinsettia Template 5
Download and print out your favorite Poinsettia template HERE!
What can you do with your Poinsettia template?
All of these printable poinsettia templates can be used in your art journal, creative journal, junk journal, bullet journal (I love them all!).
Use a poinsettia flower for crafting, school projects, posters, bulletin boards, invitations, Christmas Decor… and anything your mind can conceive of!
Watercolor Brush Pen Poinsettia!
Use watercolor brush pens to color your poinsettia template. I use Tombow Watercolor Brush Pens; they are perfect for professionally coloring your paper poinsettia flower petals!
This is a fun and easy Christmas-time brush pen project that is great for both children and adults!
Watercolor brush pens are awesome for creating a watercolor effect for art and craft projects.
To help you out, I have put together these printable templates so that all you have to do is transfer the shape onto your watercolor paper and fill them in with your watercolor brush pens or watercolor paint.
If you would like to try this out, you should transfer the poinsettia template to watercolor paper. This is how…
How to Transfer the Poinsettia Template to Watercolor Paper (Method One)
- Print out your Poinsettia template on standard printer paper.
- Tape your printed template to a window with light behind it so that you can see the outline of the poinsettia coming through.
- Using a soft lead pencil (2B, 4B, 6B, or 8B), trace over the printed outline of the poinsettia Template so that you can see through the paper. Do this firmly so that you have left enough lead on the surface to be easily transferred onto the watercolor paper.
- Place your printed poinsettia template with the traced pencil outline face-down on your watercolor paper.
- Using your pencil once again, trace the printed poinsettia outline so that the pencil line gets transferred to your watercolor paper.
- Voila! You have your transferred shape, and you don’t need to hand-draw it yourself!
- Now you can use your watercolor or watercolor brush pens and start your painting!
How to Transfer the Poinsettia Template to Watercolor Paper (Method Two)
Here are some quick steps to get your Poinsettia template ready to use.
- Open your Poinsettia Template PDF and select print.
- Choose the size you want to print to.
- Print the stencil onto a mylar transparency sheet. (Alternatively, you can print the Poinsettia onto a standard piece of paper and then trace it onto a piece of plastic mylar after)
- On a cutting mat, use a craft knife to carefully cut out the shapes of your reindeer.
- Your paper poinsettia stencil is now ready to use.
How to Create Watercolor Stencil Art
- Place your poinsettia template on watercolor paper.
- Tape down your sheet of watercolor paper using artist masking tape.
- If you want to, you can start your watercolor painting by first applying a light wash of color before you begin with your top layer. This can create a lovely layered effect!
- Spray the back of your poinsettia stencil using spray adhesive and stick it on your watercolor paper.
- Start applying washes of watercolor over the paper and the stencil. You will find that to paint into the crevices, and small spaces of the stencil you need to manipulate your paintbrush. It is important that the watercolor paint doesn’t bleed underneath the stencil, so always work with a light touch.
- Allow the paint to dry fully before removing the stencil.
- Use warm water and soap to gently wash the stencil (if using a plastic watercolor stencil) so that it can be reused and is ready for the next time!
Other Ways to Use your Paper Poinsettia Template
Decorate your patio, lounge, kitchen, or any other room in your house or office with some festive poinsettia art!
Cut out the template and paint over it onto cardstock or watercolor paper, using watercolor, watercolor brush pens, or even spray paint.
Print out the poinsettia template on bright-colored cardstock or paper, cut out the design and create your own poinsettia garland to decorate walls or doorways.
Use the poinsettia templates to create a festive theme in your art journal.
You can also use them to create, backgrounds, patterns, or focus areas in your art journal.
Color your poinsettia template with markers or watercolor to create a colorful and joyful invitation for a festive party.
If you like to color in, you can use the poinsettia template as a fun way to add color and creativity to your doodling.
Stick them on walls or gift wrap for added decoration!
Create your own poinsettia stickers by printing the templates on sticker paper and cutting out the shapes.
You can then use these stickers for anything you like!
Use them as a fun way to label gift bags or boxes, make place cards for your dinner table … the possibilities are endless with these printable templates 🙂
I hope you found the perfect poinsettia template and enjoy some festive art-making!
Just download the PDFs, print them out and have fun adding a bit of Christmas cheer to your art with some poinsettias 🙂
Merry Christmas everyone!
Here are some other templates that you might like!
[Free Christmas Wreath Templates]
[Free Pineapple Stencil Template]