Dipping your toes into the watercolor realm but unsure which markers will make your artwork pop? Let’s be real: in the bustling bazaar of art supplies, not all markers wear a crown.
But guess what? You’re in luck.
We’ve rolled up our sleeves, dabbled and doodled, and are here to spill the beans on the absolute best watercolor markers the market has to offer.
Whether you’re hunting for the boldest blues or the richest reds, get ready to elevate your art game.
Dive in, and let’s make those colors sing!
Best Watercolor Markers
Are you looking for a fun and easy way to add some color to your artwork? Watercolor markers are a great option for artists of all levels.
These markers combine the convenience of traditional markers with the beautiful blending and texture of watercolors.
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best watercolor markers on Amazon to help you find the perfect set for your next project.
**This page may contain affiliate links to products I have used or recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.**
If you’re looking for a set of watercolor paint pens that can help you create beautiful watercolor effects, then you should definitely check out the artPOP! Watercolor Brush Pens.
- The set includes 48 brilliant vivid colors Watercolor brush pens + 1 blending brush pens.
- The watercolor brush pens have durable and flexible real brush tips that offer richer colors & finer, more flexible tips than you’d get with costlier brands.
- These brush pens are reliable, non-toxic, and quick to dry, offering artists of all skill levels a smudge and streak-free painting experience.
- The set doesn’t include a storage case.
- The ink may bleed through thinner paper.
- The brush tips may fray if not used carefully.
The artPOP! Watercolor Brush Pens are perfect for those who love to color, illustrate, paint, sketch, and blend. The flexible nylon brush pens are filled with non-toxic, odorless water-based highly pigmented ink, which allows you to create different effects on the page.
The durable and flexible real brush tips of these brush pens offer richer colors & finer, more flexible tips than you’d get with costlier brands. The tapered point allows a variety of thick and thin strokes with precision control, making them great for expert artists and beginners alike.
If you’re looking for a versatile watercolor marker set, Reaeon Watercolor Brush Pens might be a good choice for you.
- You get 29 vibrant colors to choose from, which are perfect for creating beautiful watercolor paintings.
- The brush tips are flexible and soft, allowing you to create fine, medium, and broad strokes with ease.
- The ink is high-quality and blendable, which means you can create your own variants of color from bold to pastels.
- Some of the markers may arrive dried out, which can be frustrating.
- The color is not as intense as more expensive markers.
- The size of the markers is not the same as more expensive ones.
Reaeon Watercolor Brush Pens are perfect for kids, students, and artists of all skill levels. You can use them for sketching, drawing, painting, calligraphy, free-form watercolor, manga art, adult and children coloring, and more. The water-based ink is non-toxic, odorless, and easy to clean up.
These brush pens are well-packaged before shipping, and the customer service is excellent. If you have any problems with your set, you can contact the manufacturer without hesitation.
Overall, Reaeon Watercolor Brush Pens are a great value for the price. They offer a wide range of colors and flexibility in use, making them a versatile tool for any artist.
If you’re looking for a versatile set of watercolor markers, the SUPKIZ Dual Tip Brush Pen Set is a great option for both beginners and professionals.
- The set includes 40 colors, giving you a wide range of options for your art projects.
- The dual tips (0.4mm and 1-4mm) allow for more precise lines and larger areas of color.
- The water-based ink is non-toxic and quick-drying, making it safe for both kids and adults to use.
- The tips are felt rather than actual brush tips, which may not be ideal for some artists.
- The colors may appear dull compared to other watercolor markers on the market.
- The markers may bleed through some types of paper.
The SUPKIZ Dual Tip Brush Pen Set is a practical and affordable option for anyone looking to experiment with watercolor markers. The set includes 40 colors, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from for your art projects. The dual tips also make it easier to create both fine details and larger areas of color. The water-based ink is non-toxic and quick-drying, so you won’t have to worry about it smudging or staining your work surface.
One potential downside to the SUPKIZ Dual Tip Brush Pen Set is that the tips are felt rather than actual brush tips. While the tips are still flexible and allow for some variation in line thickness, they may not provide the same level of control as actual brush tips.
If you’re looking for watercolor markers with exceptional quality and unique properties, ARTEZA Real Brush Pens are definitely worth considering.
- Immerse yourself in creative ecstasy with these watercolor brush pens that are known for their richer colors and finer, flexible tips that surpass the capabilities of regular paint markers.
- Utilize the unique properties of these watercolor pens for a multitude of artistic techniques, from creating delicate watercolor effects to dry-brush painting, sketching, coloring, and calligraphy.
- Experience mess-free creativity with these paint pens, designed for precision control. Achieve light pastel washes, subtle shading, gradients, and more without any fuss or worry.
- Some users may find the brush tip a bit long and takes getting used to.
- The price may be a bit high for some people.
- The ink comes out of the pens a bit slowly, which can be frustrating for some users.
ARTEZA Real Brush Pens are designed by artists, for artists. The brand believes art is an expression of human experience, and their aim is to make high-quality drawing pens and other art supplies accessible to everyone, enhancing your artistic journey and fostering self-expression.
If you’re looking for watercolor markers that offer exceptional quality, unique properties, and effortless control and precision, ARTEZA Real Brush Pens are definitely worth considering. They are designed by artists, for artists, and cater to a wide range of artistic needs and work particularly well in combination with watercolor pencils.
If you’re looking for an affordable and versatile set of watercolor markers, Soucolor Art Brush Markers Pens might be the perfect fit for you.
- These markers come with 34 vibrant colors that blend seamlessly to achieve beautiful coloring effects.
- The dual-tip design allows you to use the brush pen tip for hand lettering, coloring books, designing, art projects, and coloring in large areas, while the fine pen tip can be used for sketching, doodling, writing, and intricate coloring books.
- The set comes with a blank DIY color card, so you can edit and organize the colors according to your preferences.
- Some users have reported that the beige/skin color turns yellow and has a smudge light gray to it.
- The brush tip tends to pick up the outline color a little bit, so you may need to clean the marker tip on a paper towel or cloth.
- The pen side doesn’t seem to have pigment at all, according to some users.
Soucolor Art Brush Markers Pens are perfect for beginners, kids, and adults who love coloring, drawing, sketching, and lettering. You can use them for adult coloring books, illustrations, planner doodles, art journals, manga, animation, graphic design, art projects, and more!
The vibrant, no bleed watercolor markers bring water-based ink with our brush calligraphy pens, giving consistent lines for detailing fine art and brush lettering. These craft supplies come in a plastic case for easy carrying and use.
When you’re shopping for watercolor markers, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that you choose the best product for your needs.
One of the most important features to consider when choosing watercolor markers is the type of tip. There are a few different types to choose from, including:
- Brush Tip: This type of tip is flexible and mimics the look of a paintbrush. It’s great for creating fine lines and details, as well as for blending colors.
- Bullet Tip: This type of tip is firm and pointed, making it ideal for creating precise lines and shapes. It’s also great for coloring in small areas.
- Chisel Tip: This type of tip is flat and angled, making it perfect for creating both thick and thin lines. It’s also great for filling in larger areas.
Another important factor to consider is the color selection. Some sets come with a wide range of colors, while others only offer a few basic hues. Consider your needs and the types of projects you’ll be working on when choosing a set.
The quality of the ink used in the markers is also important. Look for markers that use high-quality, lightfast ink that won’t fade over time. You may also want to consider markers that are refillable, as this can save you money in the long run.
Finally, consider the price of the markers. While you don’t want to skimp on quality, you also don’t want to overspend. Look for markers that offer a good balance of quality and affordability.
By keeping these factors in mind, you’ll be able to choose the best watercolor markers for your needs and create beautiful works of art.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best watercolor brush pens?
The best watercolor brush pens depend on your preference and needs. Some popular brands include Tombow, Arteza, Winsor and Newton, and Faber-Castell. It’s best to try out a few different brands and see which one works best for you.
Do I need to use water with watercolor markers?
Yes, water is necessary to activate the watercolor pigments in the markers. You can use a brush or water brush to blend and spread the colors.
Are watercolor markers worth the investment?
If you enjoy using watercolors and want a portable and convenient option, then watercolor markers can be a worthwhile investment. They are also great for beginners who want to experiment with watercolors without investing in a lot of supplies.
Where can I find watercolor markers near me?
You can find watercolor markers at art supply stores, craft stores, and online retailers. Check with your local store to see if they carry the brand you are interested in.
Which brand of watercolor markers is better: Faber-Castell or Winsor and Newton?
Both Faber-Castell and Winsor and Newton are reputable brands with high-quality watercolor markers. It’s best to try out both brands and see which one you prefer.
Do I need special paper for watercolor markers?
While regular paper can be used with watercolor markers, it’s best to use paper specifically designed for watercolors. These papers are thicker and can handle the water without warping or bleeding. Look for watercolor paper with a weight of at least 140lb or higher.
Other articles you may enjoy…