Last Updated on June 5, 2023 by Dee
Hello, craft enthusiasts and flower lovers! Welcome to our guide, “5 Free Daisy Templates: Beautiful Printables for your Creative Project!” Not only are we showcasing five beautiful daisy templates, but we’re also providing you with tips and ideas on how to use these freebies in your art and crafting ventures. Whether you’re a seasoned crafter, a budding artist, or someone looking for a relaxing new hobby, get ready to dive into the wonderful world of daisy-inspired creativity!
5 Free Daisy Templates
These daisy printables can be used in your art journal, junk journal, bullet journal (I love them all!), they can be used for crafting, school projects, décor, posters, bulletin boards, invitations, wedding stationery, birthday cards… and really anything your mind can conceive of!
These two last downloads I have specifically created to be used as stencils. The daisies have been outlined in thicker lines and if you cut out the white sections of the daisy template design, you will get a lovely watercolor stencil!
Watercolor Daisy Painting
Watercolor painting is one of my favorite mediums to work in but can be tricky. From trying to control the way the colors flow and blend to making sure your edges are clean, it’s easy to feel a bit like an amateur!
What do you need before you start watercolor stenciling?
- Watercolor Paper
- Spray Adhesive
- Watercolor paint
- Soft bristle brush
- Paper Towel
- A jar of clean water
- A palette
- A heat tool (this is great for speeding up the watercolor paint drying process!)
How to Start Watercolor Stenciling
1. Gather Your Supplies:
You’ll need the following:
- Free printable daisy template
- Paper of your choice (it can be plain, patterned, colored, or even newspaper)
- Glue or hot glue gun
- A pencil
- Optional: embellishments like a button or gem for the flower’s center
2. Print Your Daisy Template:
Start by printing your free printable daisy template. You can find various designs online to suit your preference for the daisy flower’s shape and size.
3. Trace Your Template:
Next, place your daisy template onto the paper you’ve chosen for your paper flower. Use a pencil to trace around the template onto the paper.
4. Cut Out Your Daisy Flower:
Now, carefully cut out the daisy flower shape using your scissors. You can even cut out multiple shapes to layer your paper daisy flower for a 3D effect.
5. Create Your Flower:
If you’re making a 3D paper daisy flower, glue the cut-out shapes on top of each other, making sure to offset the petals so they don’t line up perfectly.
This will give your paper flower a more realistic look.
6. Add Embellishments:
To finish off your paper daisy flower, you can add an embellishment in the center. This could be a button, a gem, or another small paper circle.
7. Let It Dry:
Let your paper daisy flower dry fully before you move it or use it in your project. This will help ensure the glue has set and the layers won’t shift.
Now, you have a beautiful paper daisy flower to use in your crafting projects! You can make a whole bunch of these paper flowers to create a bouquet, decorate a gift, or adorn a scrapbook or junk journal. The possibilities are endless with your free printable daisy template!
To use these free daisy printables you can download the PDF file and print it out.
How to Transfer the Daisy Outline to Watercolor Paper
- Print out your daisy template on standard printer paper.
- Tape your printed template to a window with light behind it so that you can see the outline of the daisy coming through.
- Using a soft lead pencil (2B, 4B, 6B, or 8B), trace over the printed outline of the daisy that you can see through the paper. Do this quite firmly so that you have left enough lead on the surface to be transferred easily onto the watercolor paper.
- Place your printed daisy template with the traced pencil outline face-down on your watercolor paper.
- Using your pencil once again, trace the printed daisy outline so that the pencil line gets transferred to your watercolor paper.
- Voila! You have your transferred shape and you don’t need to hand draw it yourself!
- Now you can use your watercolor and start your painting!
Other ways to use these daisy templates…
A daisy template or outline is a fantastic tool to have in your crafting arsenal. It can be used in a myriad of ways to add a delightful touch to your creative projects.
Whether you’re working on a junk journal, a scrapbook, a piece of mixed media art, or simply want to bring a bit of floral charm to your day, here’s how you might use a daisy template:
1. Paper Craft: One of the most common ways to use a daisy template is for creating paper daisies. Simply trace the template onto your desired type of paper (could be colored paper, scrapbooking paper, old book pages, or even newspaper) and cut it out.
You can make several of these and layer them to create a 3D effect. Add a button or a gem in the center for added charm!
2. Fabric Appliqué: If you’re into sewing or fabric crafts, a daisy outline can be used to create lovely appliqués. Trace the template onto fabric, cut out the shape, and then sew or glue it onto a larger piece of fabric.
This could be a fun way to spruce up a plain t-shirt, tote bag, or cushion cover.
3. Stencil Art: A daisy template can easily be transformed into a stencil. You can use it to add floral patterns to your art projects, furniture, walls, or even baked goods (just make sure it’s clean and safe for food use).
Simply hold the stencil in place and use paint, ink, or even colored pencils to fill in the design.
4. Handmade Cards or Invitations: Using a daisy template, you can create beautiful handmade cards or invitations. Cut out the daisy shape and use it as a standout feature on the front of the card.
Alternatively, you can use the template as a stencil to create a repeated pattern.
5. Journaling and Scrapbooking: In junk journals or scrapbooks, a daisy template can be used to add eye-catching elements. You could create paper daisies to adorn a page or use the template as a stencil to create borders or backgrounds.
You might even create a pocket in the shape of a daisy to tuck away special keepsakes.
6. Wall Art: You can use a daisy template to create stunning wall art.
Trace and cut out multiple daisies from colored paper or fabric, and arrange them in a frame for a 3D effect. Or, use the template as a stencil to paint a mural on your wall.
7. Home Decor: You can also use the template to create charming home decor. For instance, create a bouquet of paper daisies for a centerpiece, or make daisy-shaped coasters or placemats.
These are just a few ways you can use a daisy template. Remember, crafting is all about expressing your creativity, so don’t be afraid to experiment and use the template in ways that suit your style and needs. Happy crafting!
And there you have it! You’ve just explored “5 Free Daisy Templates: Beautiful Printables for your Creative Project!”. By now, you should be brimming with ideas on how to use these free daisy templates in your own artistic endeavors.
From paper crafting to home decor, the possibilities are boundless. Remember, the beauty of crafting lies in making something your own, so feel free to use these templates as a jumping-off point for your unique creations. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead, download your favorite free daisy templates and let your creativity blossom!
Other articles you may enjoy…