Last Updated on November 1, 2021 by Dee
In this post, I’ll share 6 glorious Christmas Wreath Template printables that will help get you feeling festive this season!
Thinking about Christmas can be both exhilarating and exhausting.
The anticipation of the holiday season’s festivities mixed with the busyness of work, school, and family obligations can make you feel like you’re in a whirlwind.
It is important to take time for yourself to slow down and enjoy this special time of year! One way that I have found that helps me relax during the holidays is by creating festive art for my home.
Whether it’s painting, drawing, making ornaments, designing printables, or using Christmas wreath templates – there are so many ways to bring joy into your home without spending much money!
Use any of the 6 Christmas wreath templates below to create anything from wall art, cards, paper crafts, and even kids crafts.
*This page may contain affiliate links to products I have used or recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.**
What is Christmas wreath?
A wreath is an arrangement of plants, flowers, or objects that can be hung on a door or wall for decoration.
It’s called a wreath because of its circular shape. A Christmas wreath is one that is themed around the Christian celebration of Christmas and is most commonly red and green in the color scheme.
What does a Christmas wreath symbolize?
A traditional Christmas wreath has a circle shape to represent eternity or infinity.
It is made of evergreen plants, flowers, and other natural materials which are all symbols of life.
The red color on the Christmas wreath represents the blood that Jesus shed for us when he was crucified.
The green color on the Christmas wreath represents everlasting life.
Where to hang the Christmas wreath template?
The Christmas wreath template can be used anywhere as a decoration on the walls, doors, and windows!
You could also hang it on a Christmas tree if you have one 🙂
Why are printable Christmas Wreath templates cool?
Printable templates are useful for both children and adults. They may be printed on any printer, cut out as desired, or transferred to watercolor paper for use as a painting’s base!
I have included 6 different printable Christmas Wreath templates saved in PDF format in A4 size – so they should be easy to print.
This means that you don’t have to mess with your printer settings. Quickly set the size you need!
If you want to print out a Christmas Wreath template on a larger A3 sheet then make sure to ‘set to size’ on your printer settings.
6 FREE Christmas Wreath Templates!
Christmas Wreath Template with Bow
Christmas Wreath Template with Bow 2
Christmas Wreath Template with Holly & Ivy
Christmas Wreath Template 2
Christmas Wreath Template 3
Color Christmas Wreath Template
Download and print out your favorite Christmas Wreath template below!
What can you do with your Christmas Wreath template?
All of these printable Christmas Wreath templates can be used in your art journal, creative journal, junk journal, bullet journal (I love them all!).
Use them for crafting, school projects, posters, bulletin boards, invitations, and Christmas Decor… and really anything your mind can conceive of!
Watercolor Brush Pen Christmas Wreath!
Use watercolor brush pens to color your Christmas Wreath Template. I use Arteza Real Watercolor Brush Pens and they are perfect for coloring your artwork in a professional manner!
This is a fun and easy brush pen project that is great for both children and adults!
Watercolor brush pens are awesome for creating a watercolor effect for art and craft projects.
To help you out, I have put together these printable templates so that all you have to do is transfer the shape onto your watercolor paper and fill them in with your watercolor brush pens, or watercolor paint..
If you would like to try this out, you should transfer the mermaid tail template to watercolor paper. This is how…
How to Transfer the Christmas Wreath Template to Watercolor Paper (Method One)
- Print out your Christmas Wreath template on standard printer paper.
- Tape your printed template to a window with light behind it so that you can see the outline of the pineapple coming through.
- Using a soft lead pencil (2B, 4B, 6B, or 8B), trace over the printed outline of the Christmas Wreath Template so that you can see through the paper. Do this quite firmly so that you have left enough lead on the surface to be transferred easily onto the watercolor paper.
- Place your printed Christmas wreath template with the traced pencil outline face-down on your watercolor paper.
- Using your pencil once again, trace the printed Christmas wreath outline so that the pencil line gets transferred to your watercolor paper.
- Voila! You have your transferred shape, and you don’t need to hand-draw it yourself!
- Now you can use your watercolor or watercolor brush pens and start your painting!
How to Transfer the Christmas Wreath Template to Watercolor Paper (Method Two)
Here are some quick steps to get your Christmas Wreath template ready to use.
- Open your Christmas Wreath Printable Template PDF and select print.
- Choose the size you want to print to.
- Print the stencil onto a mylar transparency sheet. (Alternatively, you can print the Christmas Wreath onto a standard piece of paper and then trace it onto a piece of plastic mylar after)
- On a cutting mat, use a craft knife to carefully cut out the shapes of your Christmas Wreath.
- Your stencil is now ready to use.
How to Create Watercolor Stencil Art
- Place your Christmas Wreath template on watercolor paper.
- Tape down your sheet of watercolor paper using artist masking tape.
- If you want to, you can start your watercolor painting by first applying a light wash of color before you begin with your top layer. This can create a lovely layered effect!
- Spray the back of your Christmas Wreath stencil using spray adhesive and stick it on your watercolor paper.
- Start applying washes of watercolor over the paper and the stencil. You will find that to paint into the crevices, and small spaces of the stencil you need to manipulate your paintbrush. It is important that the watercolor paint doesn’t bleed underneath the stencil, so always work with a light touch.
- Allow the paint to dry fully before removing the stencil.
- Use warm water and soap to gently wash the stencil (if using a plastic watercolor stencil) so that it can be reused and is ready for the next time!
Other Ways to Use your Printable Christmas Wreath Template
Decorate your patio, lounge, kitchen, or any other room in your house or office with some festive Christmas art!
Cut out the template and paint over it onto cardstock or watercolor paper, using watercolor, watercolor brush pens, or even spray paint.
Print out the Christmas Wreath template on bright-colored cardstock or paper, cut out the design and create your own Christmas wreath garland to decorate walls or doorways.
Use the Christmas Wreath templates to create a festive theme in your art journal.
You can also use them to create, backgrounds, patterns, or focus areas in your art journal.
Color your Christmas Wreath template with markers or watercolor to create a colorful and joyful invitation for a festive Christmas party.
If you like to color in, you can use the Christmas Wreath template as a fun way to add color and creativity to your doodling.
Stick them on walls or gift wrap for added decoration!
Create your own Christmas wreath stickers by printing the templates on sticker paper and cutting out the shapes.
You can then use these stickers for anything you like!
Use them as a fun way to label gift bags or boxes, make place cards for your dinner table … the possibilities are endless with these printable templates 🙂
I hope you find these templates as fun and festive as I do. It’s never too early to be thinking about Christmas!!!
These 6 Christmas Wreath Template printables will help get your spirit up for the holiday season, so let’s celebrate together.
Happy festive art-making 🙂
Here are some other templates that you might like!
[Free Pineapple Stencil Template]
Happy art-making everyone!