This post is for all of my favorite creative people out there! I know that you’re always looking for the best resources to use in your art (especially as a student!) so I’ve created these five FREE pineapple stencil template printables that are perfect for any art project!
These pineapple templates are great if you want to include pineapples in your next art project or even just because they’re super cute.
Create anything from wall art, cards, paper crafts, and even kids crafts. Print out your pineapple stencil template on card stock paper at home (or take it into a print shop) then cut them out with scissors. Happy Crafting!
Why are printable templates cool?
*This page may contain affiliate links to products I have used or recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.**
Printable stencil templates are great tools for adults and children alike. They can be printed on any printer, cut out at will, or transferred onto watercolor paper to serve as an outline for a painting.
I have included 5 different printable pineapple stencil templates saved in PDF format in A4 size – so they should be easy to print.
This means that you don’t have to mess with your printer settings. Quickly set the size you need!
If you want to print out a pineapple stencil on a larger A3 sheet then make sure to ‘set to size’ on your printer settings.
Why are Pineapples so awesome?
There are a few reasons why pineapples really are awesome.
For one, they’re tropical and remind me of warm weather; which is always nice after the long winter!
Pineapples also have many health benefits including Vitamin C (prevents scurvy) and anti-inflammatory properties.
Pineapple is also a natural diuretic so it can help you get rid of water weight and bloating.
And lastly, pineapple goes great with ham! Pineapple on pizza is also pretty tasty if you’re adventurous.
It’s easy to add some sunny, summer cheer to your crafting project with these pineapple stencil templates!
5 FREE Pineapple Stencil Templates!
Single Large Pineapple Stencil Printable
A single large pineapple stencil – perfect for stenciling onto canvas, paper, glass, or any other surface.
Cut out the shapes and experiment with different paint techniques and mediums. How about trying to layer different colors?
4 Medium Pineapple Template Printables
Four medium pineapple templates are great for card making, art journaling, and crafts!
9 Small Pineapple Templates
A set of 9 small pineapple templates perfect for crafts or as a school assignment. These are also ideal for placeholders and gift tags!
Large Pink Pineapple Template
Who doesn’t need a large pink pineapple printable?
Print this on white cardstock, cut out with scissors, hole punch, and hang around your patio or garden with string.
Rainbow Pineapple Printable
This rainbow pineapple makes a bright and happy addition to party decor, birthday invitations, posters, or even just wall art!
Download and print out your favorite pineapple stencil template below!
What can you do with your pineapple stencil template?
All of these pineapple stencil template printables can be used in your art journal, creative journal, junk journal, bullet journal (I love them all!).
Use them for crafting, school projects, décor, posters, bulletin boards, invitations, wedding stationery), birthday cards… and really anything your mind can conceive of!
Watercolor Brush Pen Pineapples!
Use watercolor brush pens to create a stenciled pineapple. I use Arteza Real Watercolor Brush Pens and they are seriously awesome!
This is a fun and easy brush pen project that is great for both children and adults!
Watercolor brush pens are awesome for creating a watercolor effect for art and craft projects.
[Related article: 101 Cool Designs to Draw | Easy Ideas for Drawing Fun!]
To help you out, I have put together these printable templates so that all you have to do is transfer the shape onto your watercolor paper and get on with the painting.
If you would like to try this out, you should transfer the pineapple template to watercolor paper.
This is how…
How to Transfer the Pineapple Template to Watercolor Paper (Method One)
- Print out your pineapple stencil template on standard printer paper.
- Tape your printed template to a window with light behind it so that you can see the outline of the pineapple coming through.
- Using a soft lead pencil (2B, 4B, 6B, or 8B), trace over the printed outline of the pineapple that you can see through the paper. Do this quite firmly so that you have left enough lead on the surface to be transferred easily onto the watercolor paper.
- Place your printed pineapple stencil template with the traced pencil outline face-down on your watercolor paper.
- Using your pencil once again, trace the printed pineapple outline so that the pencil line gets transferred to your watercolor paper.
- Voila! You have your transferred shape, and you don’t need to hand-draw it yourself!
- Now you can use your watercolor or watercolor brush pens and start your painting!
How to Transfer the Pineapple Stencil Template to Watercolor Paper (Method Two)
Here are some quick steps to get your pineapple stencil ready to use.
- Open your Pineapply Stencil PDF and select print.
- Choose the size you want to print to.
- Print the stencil onto a mylar transparency sheet. (Alternatively, you can print the pineapple stencil onto a standard piece of paper and then trace it onto a piece of plastic mylar after)
- On a cutting mat, use a craft knife to carefully cut out the shapes of your pineapple.
- Your stencil is now ready to use.
How to Create Watercolor Stencil Art
- Place your pineapple stencil on watercolor paper.
- Tape down your sheet of watercolor paper using artist masking tape.
- If you want to, you can start your watercolor painting by first applying a light wash of color before you begin with your top layer. This can create a lovely layered effect!
- Spray the back of your pineapple stencil using spray adhesive and stick it on your watercolor paper.
- Start applying washes of watercolor over the paper and the stencils. You will find that to paint into the crevices, and small spaces of the stencil you need to manipulate your paintbrush. It is important that the watercolor paint doesn’t bleed underneath the stencil, so always work with a light touch.
- Allow the paint to dry fully before removing the stencil.
- Use warm water and soap to gently wash the stencil (if using a plastic watercolor stencil) so that it can be reused and is ready for the next time!
Other Ways to Use your Pineapple Template Printables
Summer party and pool party decor!
Decorate your patio, lounge, kitchen, or any other room in your house or office with some trendy bright pineapple art!
Cut out the stencil and paint over it onto cardstock or watercolor paper, using watercolor, watercolor brush pens, or even spray paint.
Print out the pineapple template on bright-colored cardstock or paper, cut out the pineapples and create your own pineapple-chain to decorate walls or doorways.
Use the pineapple stencil templates to create interesting shapes, backgrounds, patterns, or focus areas in your art journal.
Color your pineapple stencil template with markers or watercolor to create a colorful and joyful invitation for a Hawaiian-themed party.
Print out the pineapple template on bright-colored cardstock or paper, cut out the pineapples and create beautiful Hawaiian leis!
If you like to color in, you can use the pineapple stencil as a fun way to add color and creativity to your doodling.
Stick them on walls or gift wrap for added decoration!
Use the pineapple stencil on clothing or fabric.
You can go ahead and print these pineapple templates directly onto clothing or fabric – create your own pineapple shirt!
If you have printed them onto the fabric then cut out the images and sew them onto t-shirts, hats, or bags for some cute themed accessories!
Or use fabric paint over the pineapple stencil to create your own homemade apron, table cloth, or bag!
Create your own pineapple stickers by printing the pineapple stencil template on sticker paper and cutting out the shapes.
You can then use these stickers for anything you like!
Use them as a fun way to label party favors, package up treats in gift bags or boxes, make place cards for your dinner table at any celebration… the possibilities are endless with these printable templates!
Use them for decorating.
Print your pineapple stencil templates out on the back of the cardstock and use these as decorations for your summer party, or any celebration you like!
Print them on normal paper and cut them out for décor, embellishments, and other crafty projects!
If you prefer to add a bit of color, then print them onto colorful cardstock instead.
Print them on different paper.
Try printing them on texture paper or even tracing paper. You can really get some great effects!
A pineapple stencil template is a perfect addition to your art supply stash!
You can print them out at home and use them in any craft project you want!
I hope that these free stencils will help inspire you in your next creative endeavor, or even just make you smile when they’re hanging up on your wall – pineapples are a great mood booster!
Let me know what crafty projects you are up to at the moment! Happy crafting!!
Here are some other templates that you might like!
Happy art-making everyone!