Palm Trees remind us of summer holidays, sea, sun, and sand! It’s no wonder why you’re looking for a palm tree template 😉
These palm printables and palm tree stencils are great for art projects, crafting, art journaling, DIY home décor projects, or just as a reference!
Tropical plants are a major trend and what better way to decorate your art studio, craft room, classroom, or office than with some attractive printable palm tree templates!
Whether you’re looking for a palm tree to paint, or just need something to liven up your next project, these 8 free printable templates are perfect!
They come in a variety of sizes and styles, so you can find one that fits your needs. Try them out with the provided instructions and see how easy it is to create an awesome piece of art.
Why are palm tree templates so awesome?
*This page may contain affiliate links to products I have used or recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.**
Printable palm tree stencils and palm tree templates are great tools for adults and children alike. They can be printed on any printer, cut out at will, or transferred onto watercolor paper to serve as an outline for a painting.
I have included 8 different palm tree templates saved in PDF format in A4 size – so they will be easy to print!
This means that you don’t have to mess with your printer settings. Quickly set the size you need and away you go!
If you want to print out a palm tree template on a larger A3 sheet then make sure to ‘set to size’ on your printer settings.
8 Free Printable Palm Tree Templates
Single Realistic Palm Tree Template
This palm tree template is great to use for watercolor painting. Simply transfer the outline to watercolor paper and paint away! (see my step-by-step instructions for transferring on to watercolor paper).
You can also go ahead and use this printable palm tree template on invitations, cards, and all sorts of crafty stationery!
Double Realistic Palm Tree Template
These two tropical palm trees will really add a touch of holiday to any party decor!
Four Single Realistic Palm Tree Template
This printable template consists of four realistic palm trees. You can print and cut these out for use on placeholders or in your art journal!
Green Palm Tree Pattern
A Green Patterned sheet of palm trees! This is great for wrapping paper, textile design, or for use as a background in your art journal!
Single Palm Tree Template
A simplified single palm tree template. This template can also be used as a palm tree stencil!
Simple, Double Palm Tree Template
Two simplified palm trees – great for coloring in, or arts and craft projects. This can also be used as a palm tree stencil!
Rainbow Palm Tree
Here is a fun rainbow palm tree printable that can be used as wall art, or on cards and tags!
Palm Tree Pattern
This fun palm tree pattern printable template can be used as a background in a craft project, art journal, or book cover!
Download and print out your favorite palm tree template below!
What can you do with your printable palm tree stencil?
All of these printable palm tree templates can be used in your art journal, creative journal, junk journal, bullet journal (I love them all!).
Use them for crafting, school projects, décor, posters, bulletin boards, invitations, wedding stationery), birthday cards… and really anything your mind can conceive of!
Watercolor Brush Pen Palm Trees!
Use watercolor brush pens to create a stenciled palm tree. I use Arteza Real Watercolor Brush Pens and they are seriously awesome!
This is a fun and easy brush pen project that is great for both children and adults!
Watercolor brush pens are awesome for creating a watercolor effect for art and craft projects.
To help you out, I have put together these printable templates so that all you have to do is transfer the shape onto your watercolor paper and get on with the painting.
If you would like to try this out, you should transfer the pineapple template to watercolor paper. This is how…
How to Transfer the Palm Tree Template to Watercolor Paper (Method One)
- Print out your palm tree stencil template on standard printer paper.
- Tape your printed template to a window with light behind it so that you can see the outline of the palm tree coming through.
- Using a soft lead pencil (2B, 4B, 6B, or 8B), trace over the printed outline of the palm tree so that you can see through the paper. Do this quite firmly so that you have left enough lead on the surface to be transferred easily onto the watercolor paper.
- Place your printed palm tree stencil template with the traced pencil outline face-down on your watercolor paper.
- Using your pencil once again, trace the printed palm tree outline so that the pencil line gets transferred to your watercolor paper.
- Voila! You have your transferred shape, and you don’t need to hand-draw it yourself!
- Now you can use your watercolor or watercolor brush pens and start your painting!
How to Transfer the Pineapple Stencil Template to Watercolor Paper (Method Two)
Here are some quick steps to get your palm tree stencil ready to use.
- Open your Palm Tree Stencil PDF and select print.
- Choose the size you want to print to.
- Print the stencil onto a mylar transparency sheet. (Alternatively, you can print the palm tree stencil onto a standard piece of paper and then trace it onto a piece of plastic mylar after)
- On a cutting mat, use a craft knife to carefully cut out the shapes of your pineapple.
- Your stencil is now ready to use.
How to Create Watercolor Stencil Art
- Place your palm tree stencil on watercolor paper.
- Tape down your sheet of watercolor paper using artist masking tape.
- If you want to, you can start your watercolor painting by first applying a light wash of color before you begin with your top layer. This can create a lovely layered effect!
- Spray the back of your palm tree stencil using spray adhesive and stick it on your watercolor paper.
- Start applying washes of watercolor over the paper and the stencils. You will find that to paint into the crevices, and small spaces of the stencil you need to manipulate your paintbrush. It is important that the watercolor paint doesn’t bleed underneath the stencil, so always work with a light touch.
- Allow the paint to dry fully before removing the stencil.
- Use warm water and soap to gently wash the stencil (if using a plastic watercolor stencil) so that it can be reused and is ready for the next time!
Other Ways to Use your Palm Tree Template
Summer party and pool party decor!
Decorate your patio, lounge, kitchen, or any other room in your house or office with some trendy bright palm tree art!
Cut out the stencil and paint over it onto cardstock or watercolor paper, using watercolor, watercolor brush pens, or even spray paint.
Print out the palm tree template on bright-colored cardstock or paper, cut out the pineapples, and create your own palm tree chains to decorate walls or doorways.
Use the palm tree stencil templates to create interesting shapes, backgrounds, patterns, or focus areas in your art journal.
Color your printable palm tree stencil with markers or watercolor to create a colorful and joyful invitation for a Hawaiian-themed party.
Print out the palm tree template on bright-colored cardstock or paper, cut out the palm trees, and create beautiful tropical garlands!
If you like to color in, you can use the palm tree stencil as a fun way to add color and creativity to your doodling.
Stick them on walls or gift wrap for added decoration!
Use the printable palm tree stencil on clothing or fabric.
You can go ahead and print these palm tree templates directly onto clothing or fabric – create your own tropical shirt!
If you have printed them onto the fabric then cut out the images and sew them onto t-shirts, hats, or bags for some cute themed accessories!
Or use fabric paint over the printable palm tree stencil to create your own homemade apron, table cloth, or bag!
Create your own palm tree stickers by printing the palm tree template on sticker paper and cutting out the shapes.
You can then use these stickers for anything you like!
Use them as a fun way to label party favors, package up treats in gift bags or boxes, make place cards for your dinner table at any celebration… the possibilities are endless with these printable templates!
Use them for decorating.
Print your printable palm tree stencil on the back of the cardstock and use these as decorations for your summer party, or any celebration you like!
Print them on normal paper and cut them out for décor, embellishments, and other crafty projects!
If you prefer to add a bit of color, then print them onto colorful cardstock instead.
Print them on different paper.
Try printing them on texture paper or even tracing paper. You can really get some great effects!
I really hope you find the printable palm tree template you are looking for and have some ideas to help you get creative!
Download the freebies for yourself or share them with your friends.
Here are some other templates that you might like!
Happy art-making everyone!