In this post, I’ll share 5 Reindeer Template printables to add a bit of festive cheer to your art!
Ho, ho, hay! I’m so glad you found my blog post. You’re in luck because I have 5 printable reindeer templates for you to download and use this holiday season. All three of these reindeer are fun and festive with different designs.
They will be a great addition to your art or craft project this year!
Whether it’s painting, drawing, making ornaments, designing printables, or using reindeer templates – there are so many ways to bring joy into your home without spending much money!
Use any of the 5 Reindeer templates below to create anything from wall art, cards, paper crafts, and even kids’ crafts.
*This page may contain affiliate links to products I have used or recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you.**
Why are printable Reindeer templates cool?
Printable templates are useful for both children and adults. They may be printed on any printer, cut out as desired, or transferred to watercolor paper for use as a painting’s base!
I have included 3 different printable reindeer templates saved in PDF format in A4 size – so they should be easy to print.
This means that you don’t have to mess with your printer settings. Quickly set the size you need!
If you want to print out a reindeer template on a larger A3 sheet, then make sure to ‘set to size’ on your printer settings.
FIVE FREE Reindeer Templates!
Resting Reindeer Template
Side-Stance Standing Large Reindeer Template
Large Standing Reindeer Template
Small Standing Reindeer Template 4
Cute Reindeer Template (You can add a red nose)
What can you do with your Free Printable Reindeer template?
All of these printable reindeer templates can be used in your art journal, creative journal, junk journal, bullet journal and for getting into the holiday spirit with some Christmas Crafts (I love them all!).
Use them for crafting, school projects, posters, bulletin boards, invitations, and Christmas Decor… and really anything your mind can conceive of!
Watercolor Brush Pen Reindeer!
This is a fun and easy brush pen project that is great for both children and adults!
Watercolor brush pens are awesome for creating a watercolor effect for art and craft projects.
To help you out, I have put together these printable templates so that all you have to do is transfer the shape onto your watercolor paper and fill them in with your watercolor brush pens, or watercolor paint..
If you would like to try this out, you should transfer the reindeer template to watercolor paper. This is how…
How to Transfer the Reindeer Template to Watercolor Paper (Method One)
- Print out your Reindeer template on standard printer paper.
- Tape your printed template to a window with light behind it so that you can see the outline of the reindeer coming through.
- Using a soft lead pencil (2B, 4B, 6B, or 8B), trace over the printed outline of the reindeer Template so that you can see through the paper. Do this firmly so that you have left enough lead on the surface to be easily transferred onto the watercolor paper.
- Place your printed reindeer template face-down with the traced pencil outline on your watercolor paper.
- Using your pencil once again, trace the printed reindeer outline so that the pencil line gets transferred to your watercolor paper.
- Voila! You have your transferred shape, and you don’t need to hand-draw it yourself!
- Now you can use your watercolor or watercolor brush pens and start your painting!
How to Transfer the Reindeer Template to Watercolor Paper (Method Two)
Here are some quick steps to get your Reindeer template ready to use.
- Open your Reindeer Template PDF and select print.
- Choose the size you want to print to.
- Print the stencil onto a mylar transparency sheet. (Alternatively, you can print the reindeer onto a standard piece of paper and then trace it onto a piece of plastic mylar after)
- On a cutting mat, use a craft knife to carefully cut out the shapes of your reindeer.
- Your stencil is now ready to use.
How to Create Watercolor Stencil Art
- Place your reindeer template on watercolor paper.
- Tape down your sheet of watercolor paper using artist masking tape.
- If you want to, you can start your watercolor painting by first applying a light wash of color before you begin with your top layer. This can create a lovely layered effect!
- Spray the back of your reindeer stencil using spray adhesive and stick it on your watercolor paper.
- Start applying washes of watercolor over the paper and the stencil. You will find that to paint into the crevices, and small spaces of the stencil you need to manipulate your paintbrush. It is important that the watercolor paint doesn’t bleed underneath the stencil, so always work with a light touch.
- Allow the paint to dry fully before removing the stencil.
- Use warm water and soap to gently wash the stencil (if using a plastic watercolor stencil) so that it can be reused and is ready for the next time!
Other Craft Ideas to Use your Printable Reindeer Template
Decorate your patio, lounge, kitchen, or any other room in your house or office with some festive reindeer art!
Cut out the template and paint over it onto cardstock or watercolor paper, using watercolor, watercolor brush pens, or even spray paint.
Print out the reindeer template on bright-colored cardstock or paper, cut out the design and create your own reindeer garland to decorate walls or doorways.
Use the reindeer templates to create a festive theme in your art journal.
You can also use them to create, backgrounds, patterns, or focus areas in your art journal.
Print out your reindeer on colored paper and decorate with markers or watercolor to create a colorful and joyful invitation for a festive party.
Pick up some of your favorite colored pencils and use a printable template as a coloring page! This is a great way to add color and creativity to your Christmas Season 🙂
Stick them on walls or gift wrap for added decoration!
Create your own reindeer stickers by printing the templates on sticker paper and cutting out the shapes.
You can then use these stickers for anything you like!
Use them as a fun way to label gift bags or boxes, make place cards for your dinner table … the possibilities are endless with these printable templates 🙂
I hope you found the perfect reindeer template and enjoy some festive art-making!
Just download the PDFs, print them out and have fun adding a bit of Christmas cheer to your art with some reindeers 🙂
Merry Christmas everyone!
Here are some other templates that you might like!
Happy art-making everyone!